The Branson Fire Department was dispatched to a commercial structure fire at the Hong Kong Buffet restaurant, located at 1206 West State Highway 76, around 11:30 Tuesday Morning.
The first arriving fire units were on scene within two minutes of being dispatched. When firefighters arrived, they reported no fire or smoke showing from the exterior with employees and guests evacuating from the restaurant. Firefighters did discover one male employee with burn injuries. He was taken to an ambulance, treated by Taney County Ambulance District Paramedics, and transported to a Springfield Hospital.
Firefighters were able to use a water extinguisher to completely extinguish the combustible materials around an electrical panel. Liberty Utilities responded and disconnected the power to the building at the transformer.
Fire investigators along with Liberty Utilities personnel confirmed the electrical fire originated at the electrical panel inside the building. The incident is accidental in nature. Damage limited to the area around the electrical panel with a small amount of smoke damage in the kitchen.