Guests at the Stone Castle Inn and Waterpark located on Green Mountain Drive were awakened by the buildings fire alarm late Friday night as Branson firefighters responded to the possible commercial structure fire at 11:30 pm. First arriving fire units reported smoke showing from the northwest corner of the building and noted evacuation of the guests had started.Fire crews quickly discovered a large plastic trash can had completely been consumed by fire. “The smoke entered an enclosed stairwell essentially causing a chimney effect,” stated Fire Chief Ted Martin. The hotel has four floors with an enclosed vestibule at each level. “The smoke was contained by the fire doors at the vestibule and protected the guests by keeping the smoke out of the hallways,” added Martin.Firefighters were able to evacuate the smoke from the stairwell and vestibules. “As firefighters confirmed the fire out, they were able to get all of the evacuated guests back inside to the hotel’s restaurant,” stated Martin. “They did a great job along with the police officers taking care of the guests.”One guest was checked by the firefighters for possible smoke inhalation. Taney County Ambulance District paramedics also responded, though the patient refused further care or transport. No other injuries were reported.“We are thankful this fire was contained to the exterior. It shows the importance of keeping fire doors closed and how important it is to always have a fire escape plan, knowing two ways out,” stated Martin. “The fire alarm notified guests after a smoke alarm activated in the fourth floor stairwell vestibule. Some guests had to use the second way out to avoid smoke in that area.”A hotel employee used two portable fire extinguishers to help put out the fire. The fire did not cause any structural damage to the building. No cause of the fire has been determined by fire investigators on scene.